Resources available to Society Members meeting in Fylde include:
- Many CD’s are held by the branch
- List of Civil Registration Codes
- List of Civil Registration Codes - update from PRO June 2001
- Lancashire Townships Tithe Map 1835 (Alan Crosby)
- Lancashire Townships Map 1835 (Alan Crosby)
- Lancashire Churches and Chapels 1837 (Alan Crosby)
- Extant RC Registers commencing before 1800
- List of Boyds Index books (This is a list of the Boyds books, not the books themselves)
- Dates of opening of Crematoria in Lancashire
- North and South Lancashire Local Map - showing local Parish Churches
- Relationship Chart - work out your relationships through your common ancestor
- Map of Central Area of Preston showing site of Record Office, Harris Library, Train and Bus Stations etc.
- Several microfiche readers are available for loan to members.
- A wide selection of microfiche, can be consulted or loaned from the Fylde Branch, including all the fiche published by the Society and some additional local ones.
- A well stocked library of books about local history or family history.
We have a selection of six maps of the area surveyed between approximately 1910 and 1930. These are usually available for consultation at the meetings or in some circumstances may be loaned.
Finally, we also have information about the Lancashire Record Office, Bow Lane, Preston, and the County Archives Research Network (CARN)
- How to obtain a readers ticket for Record Offices
- Searchroom Code of Practice for Record Office
- Census - Colour Codes for LRO
- Reprographic Policy for Record Office
- Reprographic Order Form
- Layout plan of Record Office