Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home2/lfhhsorg/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 11
- To advance the study of genealogy, heraldry, and family history
- To find, publish, and make accessible relevant documents and records
- To promote the preservation of these documents and records, especially by transcribing original sources
- To collaborate with organisations and bodies who have custody of records
- To operate an information service and build up a library
Formed in 1973 as the Rossendale Society for Genealogy and Heraldry (Lancashire), the Society now has thirteen branches in Lancashire, together with one in London where members meet regularly. The society also has a worldwide community of family historians with roots in Lancashire. Please check out the benefits of membership for yourself.
The area we cover is shown shaded green on the adjacent map. The Society has branches in Blackburn, Bury, Chorley, Fylde, Hyndburn, Lancaster & Morecambe, Pendle and Burnley, Preston, Ribble Valley, Rochdale and Rossendale. There are branches covering Heraldry and Irish Ancestry. The London and South branch holds joint meetings with members of the Cumbria Family History Society.
On joining the Society members are entitled to visit and take part in meetings held by all the branches. Members can use the facilities of any branch, such as its library, holdings of microfiche and CDs. Some branches have fiche readers that can be borrowed for use at home.
Each branch organises its own programme of events and activities. Details of these, together with locations and meeting timetables, can be found in the Branches section of the website and in the Society Journal.